Maths is an important as well as a score-gaining subject for your CBSE class 7 exams. This subject will help you to improve your overall performance in the exams if you will keep a deeper understanding of the chapters of class 7 maths. You can easily score good marks in class 7 maths by preparing and practicing the chapter-wise solutions.
To begin with, you can start by practicing the questions of NCERT class 7 maths book. NCERT is a book that is preferred by the board and is also recommended for various competitive exams. It is based on the CBSE guidelines and also helps clear the fundamentals of students.
You can also easily access verified sources like Vedantu ncert maths book class 7 solutions pdf for the solutions of NCERT book. Here we have concluded the chapter-wise study tips to help you in improving your performance and give you a detailed description of every chapter. The below-mentioned tips will also help you in getting clear about the topics in advance and will give you a quick summary of every chapter of your CBSE class 7 maths syllabus.
- The first chapter of the NCERT class 7 book is ‘integers’, this is a chapter that will build your foundation for the other chapters of your syllabus. You can start practicing the questions of this chapter from your NCERT book. This chapter also contains some formulas related to distance, time, and various other formulas that will help you in solving the questions, you can note down all the formulas together on a single sheet of paper for better learning and understanding.
- Fractions and decimals are the second chapter of the class 7 NCERT book. This chapter will help you in getting clear about the basics of fractions including the multiplication and division of the fractions. While preparing this chapter, you can understand the basics of the chapter first by the NCERT book and then try to solve the miscellaneous exercise. This chapter also contains some formulas that you can note on a separate sheet of paper for effective learning.
- The NCERT book of class 7 math contains different exercises of different topics in a particular chapter. You can study and solve the questions of the other chapters like lines and angles, the triangle and its properties, the congruence of triangle, comparing quantities, and several other chapters by practicing and trying to solve the questions of the NCERT book. Once you have completed the general exercises then you can refer to the miscellaneous exercises for deeper understanding. For all the formulas of these chapters, you can make a separate notebook where you can list down all the formulas in a sequence, it will help you learn those formulas easily and effectively.
- Another chapter of your class 7 maths syllabus is data handling. Data handling is considered an easy chapter and you can easily gain marks in this chapter and improve your overall result. Data handling includes the representation and organization of data through different types of graphs. For practicing and solving the questions of this chapter, you will need a graph notebook, make sure you practice on the graph papers clearly, your data should be neatly represented and you should leave the right amount of spaces while drawing graphs.
- The other chapters like simple equations and algebraic expressions are also easily understandable and can be practiced by solving their exercises from NCERT. Maths is a subject that can only be improved by practice. Practice is the key to success in math, so it is very important to practice as much as you can and learn the formulas of each chapter accordingly. You can also make a separate notebook for each chapter, it will help you to keep all the solutions of a particular chapter in a single place and you can easily revise through them.
- While practicing the geometrical chapters like symmetry or visualizing solid shapes, keep in mind to work on your presentation skills. The geometrical chapters of your syllabus include a lot of diagrams or shapes you have to draw for explaining your answers in the exam. Make sure the shapes or the figures you draw are clean and labeled properly. Drawing the figures in the geometry chapters will help you gain a lot of marks as they carry maximum marks. For this reason, it is more important to practice geometry properly.
- Last but not the least; do not forget to carry the required stationary including the pens, pencil, eraser, compass, and all the geometrical objects to your exam. Also, carry the documents required and have proper breakfast before you go to the exam hall.
These tips will help you to prioritize your chapters according to your interests and their importance. But meanwhile, at the time you prepare for your exam, you should make sure that you are taking enough care of yourself because it is an important factor that will help you ace your exam. Eat nutritious food, ensure physical movements in your body, and take a proper amount of sleep. Even on the day before the exam, rest properly and do not study for the complete night, taking a proper amount of rest on the day before your exam will help you to wake up energized the next morning.
Achieving high marks in CBSE class 7 exams is important but understanding the concepts deeply is way more important because the foundation of higher studies is led in class 7. You must practice the chapters by following the above-mentioned study tips to properly understand the chapters and not only achieving high marks. When you will aim at understanding the chapters properly then you will eventually ensure good marks in your exam. So prepare and practice and you shall succeed. All the best!