Liposuction will not be the right choice for everyone. There are many factors to consider and it is best to consult with a professional. What we can do for you is give you information about what liposuction does, who it can help with, and how you can best understand if it’s the right choice for you. It is important to have a consultation with qualified surgeons to determine if your candidacy is valid and whether liposuction will work for you.
Are you candidate and what are your goals?
The question is it right for me? can be broken down into 2 main parts. These are whether or not you’re a candidate for liposuction. First, ask yourself: What are my goals with having liposuction? While a surgeon can determine if you are a candidate, the most important question is whether this option is right for you. This depends on your goals. Some patients might not be ideal candidates.
BMI and Liposuction
Liposuction has no maximum BMI. BMI numbers don’t give the full picture of someone’s weight. A healthy weight is the best choice for liposuction. You’ll get the best results by combining it with diet and exercise.
Liposuction should not be considered a replacement for weight loss. There have been some reports of health benefits. However, liposuction remains a cosmetic procedure. It doesn’t reduce high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, or hypertension.
Is Liposuction Right For You?
As we mentioned above, the best way determine if you’re a suitable candidate is to visit a trusted surgeon. There are some important things to remember when you consider liposuction.
- You’re in good shape and are within about 20lbs your ideal bodyweight.
- You want to change the shape of certain areas of their bodies by getting rid stubborn fat.
- You have firm, elastic skin.
- You’ve tried diet and exercise without success, but there’s still stubborn fat.
- You have a positive attitude and a healthy body image. But you wish to make some improvements to your body.
Liposuction is not right for you if the following conditions are met
- You have dry, flaky or saggy skin.
- You have a diastasis recti. This is a post pregnancy bulge due to abdominal muscle separation.
- You want to reduce cellulite. Liposuction does not treat cellulite.
- You are either obese or trying to lose weight. Liposuction does not replace diet and regular exercise.
Liposuction could be an option if you’re unhappy with your body. Liposuction may be a tool for reaching a desired result but will not make an unhappy person happy.
These guidelines should not be considered as absolutes. There might be gray areas and exceptions. Although some surgeons will not perform liposuction with patients with loose skin or other conditions, others may be willing to do so. It’s crucial to know how loose skin could affect your results so that you can be satisfied with the final result.
Booking a Consultation
You can find out whether you are a good candidate for liposuction by scheduling a consultation with one our skilled surgeons at Orlando Liposuction Specialty Clinic. We offer complimentary in-person consultations at Orlando Liposuction Clinic. Contact Orlandoliposuction.com to book a consultation regarding liposuction.
Leave a Reply