What is the floor plan?
A floor plan is a drawing or diagram of a room or building viewed from above. The floor plan may represent an entire building, one floor of a building, or a single room. Floor plans are very important to properly design furniture layout, wiring system, drainage system, and much more. A good floor plan revolves around creating a flow between spaces so that the enjoyment and comfort of the home can be increased and even its resale value. Through floor plan creator, an efficient plan can be created.
Popular types of floor plan
Floor plans are commonly made for residence, recreational and commercial buildings, floor plan creator efficiently covers all types of plans and provides great assistance. Popular types of floor plans are,
- Home Plan
A home plan or a house plan is a series of drawings that determine the overall building specifications of a residential home including layouts, built-in installations, and resources.
- Office plan
Office layout is about the specific arrangement and layout of the workspace, office plan is made to enhance employees’ performance and ease their interaction with each other. The office plan is further categorized into four types to support various work styles and organizational cultures.
- Cubicle Office Layout; It is open-office based with partition walls on three sides to form a “cubicle”.
- Team-Based Office; when employees are grouped by teams, then the actual space and size of every department and personal office are made based on the total number of staff.
- Open Office Layout; this type shows a very flexible and open space for employees. It generally has a combined workspace instead of separate cabins this layout has tables or lounges seating used for collaborative purposes, such as informal meetings or activities.
- Home Office; in modern times as the number of freelancers is increasing, this design is very much in demand. It is all about providing a work environment. While enjoying the relaxing and comfortable home environment.
- Seating Plan
Seating plans can be used in formal meetings or dinner events, the order of a film in a cinema or theater, the plan is all about sitting arrangement of people at a specific event.
- Garden Design
If the residential area has space specified for a garden there must be a good plan to make the most out of provided space, garden design is about plans for the planting and landscapes of gardens. A good garden design usually involves an enjoyable experience of being connected with nature.
- Fire and Emergency Plan
The floor plan is made by keeping accidents under consideration, a fire and emergency plan involves a set of actions that need to be taken by residents in the event of a fire or some other related emergency cases. Causalities in case of unfavorable events can be avoided if action signs are clearly shown and instructions are provided.
Key Characteristics of a Good Floor Plan
Some key characteristics must be present in a good floor plan while designing through floor plan creator all the points and characteristics can easily be maintained.
- Versatility and flexibility, so that in future specificity of an area can be changed as per requirement or demand.
- Proper room layout, includes alignment of bedrooms, bathrooms, and hallways.
- Size must be maintained by considering no of the people residing.
- The layout fits lifestyle and priorities.
- There must be a balance between architectural details and practical considerations which ensures safety first.