Have you ever been to the Philippines? If your answer is no, then you need to fill in this gap immediately. It is a country of natural wonders and fabulous scenery. Picturesque views include green hills and mountains, wild forestry, exotic animals and ocean waves. But in addition, it is a fun place to visit due to various cultural sites and entertainment places, like the best online casino Philippines. The Philippines is a real melting pot of many traditions cultivated through the centuries as a colony and created by indigenous practices from generation to generation.
Culture of the Philippines
The Philippines is a country full of love, light, laughter and cuisine. The country has a slight influence from America and some parts of Asia together with the culture of Filipino and Spanish Catholic traditions. Here are features of the Filipino culture:
- Most of the Filipinos practise Christianity as their religion, Islam and other indigenous faiths are also popular. Their religious spirit is usually shown during such festivals as Ati-Atihan, Kaamulan, Panabenga. But the most famous is 3-month-celebration for Christmas, which starts with decorations
in October and continues throughout December with carols and midnight feasting. All in all, Filipinos accept all religions and are proud of them. Every festival or holiday is celebrated with good vibes and energy in the Philippines.
- Family-Oriented Life. Daily life of the Filipos is closely connected to their big Parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts, cousins and very close friends are all an integral part of their lives. All family members gather for significant events like marriages, circumcisions (for Muslim Filipinos), baptisms (for Catholic Filipinos), etc. In Catholic communities godparents play an important role in children’s upbringing. The families celebrate feasts and holidays together, spending a lot of time with each other.
- Customs and Traditions. Apart from religious celebrations, the Filipinos have many different customs and traditions. One of them is the tradition of cockfighting. However, it is considered illegal and cruel in some nations, it is a common sight in the streets and involves gathering and betting. Also, as a part of the culture, street parades are held in the Philippines. They involve designed floats, music, dancing and delicious local food. Overall, Filipinos love spending time at a beach with their families and friends enjoying themselves near the ocean.
- Filipinos love to eat. The cuisine of the Philippines is a mixture of Spanish, Indian, Chinese, and of course, native indigenous flavours. Filipinos usually have six meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner, accompanied by a snack after each meal. Some of the popular dishes are adobo (a meat stew), lechon baboy (roasted pig), paksiw (fish or pork, cooked with particular spices), and sinigang (tamarind soup). And of course rice – it is a staple food, which is consumed together with other dishes.
What should tourists visit?
As a tourist destination, the Philippines are unique. There is so much to do and to see there. There are plenty of incredible sites: rice fields, volcanoes, beautiful beaches and surfing spots, etc. We have prepared a short list of attractions, but for more information you can check the link.
- Boracay Island. The island is almost completely framed with white coral beaches and tropical palm trees. It has always been a must-see in the Philippines because of its incomparable beaches, so do not lose this chance.
- Banaue Rice Terraces. The terraces in the Philippine province of Ifugao are considered the eighth wonder of the world as they were constructed more than two thousand years ago.
- Coron, Palawan Island. It is a true paradise with lots of lagoons, pristine white beaches and limestone landscapes.Moreover, it is not overcrowded with tourists. Coron would be the best decision for a single destination break.
- It is the capital of the Ilocos Sur region on the Philippine island of Luzon. The city has an apparent Hispanic heritage. Pebbled streets with balconied houses and plazas and decorative fountains make an atmosphere of a sleepy Spanish town during siesta.
- It is the capital of the Philippines – chaotic, interesting and diverse. Manila is a cultural centre which was influenced by the Spanish, Chinese and Americans.
- Puerto Princesa Underground River, Palawan. This five-mile-long river is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and also one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
Gambling in the Philippines and its trends
The Philippines is the second largest casino industry in South East Asia after Macau. And it is slowly becoming another gambling capital in South East Asia. Gambling industry in the Philippines has faced a major growth ever since the pandemic hit in 2020. The revenue has increased by 47% in comparison to the previous years. And this was a result of a rising interest in gaming in the country. The online gaming market in the Philippines is expected to grow more by the end of 2022 and due to this trend online gambling became legalised after a sudden industry growth. Online gaming companies offer online sports betting, lotteries, casino and poker.
The government controls the whole gambling industry in the Philippines. As the industry is legalised, gamblers need to follow the rules and regulations of gaming in the country. And in the future the government plans to implement laws to measurably prevent addiction of gambling, so that people play for fun titan for money.
With the growing popularity, the gambling world is bringing new trends and entertainment options. Firstly, it is mobile gaming that helps players have access from anywhere in the country. Secondly, some online casinos already offer cryptocurrencies as a payment option. And finally, it is virtual reality – game developers are undertaking an approach to enter the metaverse.
The Philippines, with its beautiful beaches and stunning sceneries, is a country that you would definitely fall in love with. A trip to this wonderful place will certainly make you fall for everything you see on its islands and make you fall for everyone you meet here. It is an amazing place on the list of every adventurous traveller.