The best way for you to put whipped cream on desserts is by using a canister. That way, you can just go ahead and spray the cream all over your preferred desserts. As a bonus, you also get to retain its foamy appearance, which is great for garnishing. But did you know that making your own whipped cream, and placing it in your own whipped cream charger is also good for saving money? You can use this for business purposes, too!
Applying whipped cream in a canister is the best technique that you can ever learn when making whipped cream, though some say that this is quite an advanced technique. But take note that applying the cream to the canister is not a very complicated process at all. You just have to know what are the specific steps incorrectly placing the whipped cream inside the canister.
Why Is Whipped Cream In A Canister Better?
Preparing and placing the whipped cream in a canister is proved to be better than making the classic homemade technique of whipping heavy cream. Here are the reasons why:
- Whipped cream canisters ensure that the whipped cream is aerated in a sealed container. This ensures that there will be no need to use stabilizers that can just add up fat content to your whipped cream, allowing a healthier alternative when making one at home.
- The metallic component of the canisters chills the whipped cream at a better rate, allowing further stability.
- Keeping the whipped cream in a canister preserves the freshness of the whipped cream since there will be no air that will ruin the quality of the whipped cream once inside the dispenser.
- It is a well-known fact that dairy products applied inside the canister can last for more than a week compared to the traditional homemade procedure for whipped cream.
- The aerated gas inside the canister, along with the whipped cream aerated inside it can potentially increase the volume of your whipped cream. This is a budget-friendly solution if you are planning to use whipped cream for business purposes such as selling cakes, drinks, or your own whipped cream brand.
How Does the Canister Work?
The mechanism of the whipped cream dispensers operates once the charger is used as you press the canister. The small chargers found inside the canister are filled with nitrous oxide for aerating the cream contained inside the canister. These chargers are metallic that slip into the canister sleeve.
The metal properties of the chargers also preserve the cream trapped in it after use once refrigerated. The charger forces the aerated cream out of the canister nozzle, which forms the whipped cream into something that came out of a shaved cream canister.
How To Use The Whipped Cream Canister
The technique of using the dispenser is not that complicated. But take note that the steps have to be followed thoroughly so then the canister won’t get damaged. Here are the following steps:
- Remove the screw at the top of the canister first. Insert the tip that came along with the dispenser. Be sure to secure the connection between the tip and the canister so then the cream will flow out properly. To do so, be sure that the gasket of the dispenser is at the underside of the head.
- Apply the cream mixture into the canister. If you do not know how to make whipped cream yet, here is the most basic step in making it:
a) On a large bowl, whisk the whipped cream.
b) While whisking, add vanilla extract and powdered sugar together.
c) Mix for 4 minutes until it gets foamy. No need to add any stabilizers as the whipped cream will get stabilized inside the canister.
- Screw back the top of the whipped cream dispenser. Be sure to firmly screw to seal it completely. Place the charger into the holder of the dispenser. Make sure that the smallest end of it is facing upwards. Twist the charger holder into the head area of the canister. Once you hear a hiss, that is the gas being released, and that means the canister is sealed.
- To make the whipped cream more stable, shake the dispenser for 10 seconds. Turn the dispenser upside down to check if the cream will go out. If not, press the dispenser to release the cream. If it still looks runny and too creamy, shake it even more then check again if the cream is now foamy.
- When refilling the canister, release all the gas first by pressing the nozzle until it gets too hard. After that, unscrew the top area once more to remove all remaining cream, and for you to add a new batch into it.
Using the whipped cream dispenser is very easy to do, and should give you no problem once you correctly follow the steps above.
If you don’t know where to buy a cream whipper and cream chargers then don’t worry. They are not always available at your local supermarket but you can purchase them online from online stores like Cream Charger Warehouse or Power Whip. These types of online shops will deliver your order to your home or business, basically where ever you specify.
This is a much better option, as it has a lot of benefits compared to the traditional way of making whipped cream at home. Also, whipped cream always looks better when used with a canister. That’s a given fact!
click here for more interesting articles