Irritable bowel syndrome affects 6–18% of the world’s population. Bajaj Finserv Health, a healthcare company, is the right option for you for seeking treatment. Here, you can book an appointment for yourself or your family with the best gastroenterologist in Pune. Doctors listed here are effective in treating a variety of digestive diseases.
Gastroenterology is the study of the digestive system and its problems. It includes all diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including organs from the mouth to the anus. The entire body will be impaired if the digestive system does not function properly.
Women get affected by this disease more than men. Some people with IBS have mild symptoms, which they can manage by changing their diet, lifestyle, and stress levels. More severe symptoms, on the other hand, can be treated with medication and therapy. You should find an experienced gastrology doctor in this situation.
IBS symptoms and signs differ, but they are generally present for a long time. Among the most popular are:
- Passing a bowel movement causes abdominal pain, cramping, or bloating.
- Bowel movement changes in appearance.
- Changes in the frequency of bowel movements
- Bloating, gas, and mucus in the stool are other symptoms that are often linked.
If you have a frequent change in bowel habits or other signs or symptoms of IBS, you should seek medical help. They may be signs of a more serious ailment, such as colon cancer.
The following are more severe signs and symptoms:
- Loss of weight
- Diarrhoea in the middle of the night
- Rectal bleeding is a significant complaint
- Anaemia due to a lack of iron
- Vomiting for no apparent reason
- Swallowing problems
- Consistent discomfort that isn’t relieved by a bowel movement or moving gas
Consult An Online Doctor
Based on your symptoms, you must see a doctor. During this pandemic, it might get difficult; hence, you should opt to consult a doctor through Bajaj Finserv Health. Here, you can book appointments with specialised doctors to prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases affecting the gastrointestinal system. The doctors are effective in dealing with a variety of issues.
Now given the covid situation, you can do online doctor consult as well. All the experts listed here are the best in their respective fields and possess high qualifications. They have the most valuable care services that benefit the patients.
The doctor will first ask about your discomfort and symptoms and then conduct a diagnosis. To rule out other potential causes of your symptoms, they might take one or more of the following steps:
- To check if there are any food allergies, you must follow a strict diet or exclude specific food groups for some time.
- Examine a sample of the faeces to confirm if there’s an infection.
- Have blood tests performed to rule out anaemia
- A colonoscopy should also be performed. A colonoscopy is usually performed only if the doctor suspects colitis, inflammatory bowel disease or cancer as the cause of your symptoms.
Usually, IBS treatment focuses on symptom relief so that you can live as normally as possible. Reduced stress, dietary and lifestyle changes can also help with mild signs and symptoms. You must ensure to:
- Avoid foods that make the symptoms worse
- Consume high-fibre foods
- Drink a lot of water
- Exercise daily
Gastrointestinal experts advise you to cut out the following foods from your diet:
- Foods That Are High In Gas
If you have bloating or gas, you should avoid carbonated and alcoholic drinks, as well as some foods that cause gas.
Gluten is a protein that is used in many foods. Even if they don’t have celiac disease, some people with IBS record improved diarrhoea symptoms when they avoided consuming gluten (wheat, barley, and rye).
FODMAPs are a form of fructose. Some people are vulnerable to FODMAPs like disaccharides, fermentable oligosaccharides, polyols, and monosaccharides, including fructose, lactose, fructans, etc. Certain grains, fruits, dairy products, and vegetables include FODMAPs.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a complicated disorder. Several forms of care will also provide relief for people with IBS. The treatment aims to alleviate all of the symptoms. Finding out what can make you at your best takes time and patience. Not every treatment works for every individual. And your symptoms can change while you’re getting care.
What’s your best bet? With Bajaj Finserv Health, you can book an appointment with the best gastroenterologist in Pune, amidst the top-notch consultants with years of experience. Here, you can find a network of doctors knowledgeable regarding IBS who will work with you to develop a personalised treatment plan.