Do you know what night vision devices are? A lot of people have heard about it. They may not know why they need it yet or they are not doing any activities that will require them to use these devices.
If you have night vision goggles or you are using night vision optics, then you know how useful these items are. You want weapon-mounted night vision sights that can be used for a long time. Just imagine if you would not take care of the equipment. You will be wasting your money because you have to replace them after a few years.
Should Night Vision Equipment Be Cared for When Not in Use?
Some people assume that just because they are not using the night vision equipment that they own, they should not think about caring for it. You should still look at it and make sure that the equipment is properly cleaned.
Some would recommend having a case for the equipment. This way, you do not have to worry about dust and other particles entering the equipment. Another thing that you can do is to still check the equipment and make sure that they are properly cleaned.
If you have night vision lenses, make sure that you are using the right filter for them. It will make a lot of difference that way.
Tips to Take Care of Your Night Vision Equipment
You want your AGM Global Vision equipment to always work properly. The different parts of night vision devices are very sensitive. Even a small scratch on your lenses will be enough to not make you see clearly at night. You do not want this to happen.
Get to know the tips so that you can take good care of your equipment soon:
- Always follow the instructions on how to use the night vision equipment. A lot of items can be used similarly. There are just some small differences that can make you become a bit confused while using the product. The confusion might make you ruin your equipment. Check the instructions carefully before using the night vision items.
- Be wary of fog and humidity too. A lot of people know that they should not expose their items to rain. Yet, they do not realize that fog and humidity can also cause the same damage to their equipment. As long as the equipment will be exposed to water, there is a chance that your night vision equipment will also get ruined.
- If in case you are already in the middle of using the night vision equipment and you run out of batteries, make sure that you will not place wet batteries on the equipment. Some people make this mistake especially if their night vision equipment is water-resistant. Resistance to water does not mean that it is waterproof. Make sure that your batteries will always be placed in a waterproof case. This will help keep your batteries dry.
- Night vision devices are usually meant to be strong and sturdy. Yet, there are times when it may still stop working properly because of a strong impact. What you can do is to make sure that the materials are properly mounted. If you are going to place them on areas wherein you have to leave them for a while, make sure that they will not be knocked down by the wind. Some of the items that you can use to keep them up are the following:
- Hand Straps
- Do not expose your night vision equipment to bright light. You might think that the night vision devices will work well when there is more light available. They will not work that way. They can work properly with the little light coming from the moon or the flashlights used by other hunters. Exposure to bright light might ruin your device so try to avoid this from happening.
Cleaning Your Night Vision Devices
How will you know if you are cleaning your night vision devices properly? There are some things that you have to do:
- Check the cleaning instructions that you can find on the item’s instruction manual or find them online at
- Check the cleaning instructions that you can find on the item’s instruction manual or find them online at manualsnet.com. Details about the right cleaning items that you can use will be available there too.
- . Details about the right cleaning items that you can use will be available there too.
- Make sure that your night vision device is dry before placing it inside the case. This is especially true if you would expose it to small amounts of water. Some parts of the night vision device may be prone to rust. You do not want the whole device to get ruined.
- Store the devices in the right places. Now is not the time to place the device at the wrong place.
- Always switch off the device before cleaning it. You may risk decreasing its lifespan when it happens.
With all of these details in mind, you will be able to take better care of your night vision devices. Make these devices last longer and will make a lot of difference.