The monsoon drizzle might come as a relief from the scorching summer heat. Despite all the greenery and cool breeze, the monsoon has its share of skin problems. The sudden increase in humidity and dampness can give rise to a number of skin problems like fungal infections, allergies, and acne.
It is important to change your skincare routine with the onset of monsoon. Feel free to contact dermatology experts like Rejuvaskin Clinic to get help with keeping your skin healthy and glowing throughout the year. Here are a few tips to keep your skin healthy during the monsoon weather:
- Wash Your Face Daily: Monsoon is a typically humid time of the year that can promote the excessive buildup of grime, dust, and oil on your skin. This makes cleaning your face even more important. Dermatology specialists from Rejuvaskin Clinic advise that you should at least wash your face thrice a day. This prevents the chances of acne and the growth of fungal infections.
- Moisturize Your Skin On A Regular Basis: Due to the rise in humidity during the monsoon season, you might think that you don’t require a moisturizer. The truth is that this climate actually dries up your skin, making it look not very interesting. Keeping your skin moisturized can help you combat this issue and also help you get rid of wrinkles and make your skin look more fresh and glowing.
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated: As you sweat more in monsoons, it might make your skin look dull and pale. The key to avoiding this is to keep yourself hydrated. Drinking sufficient water throughout the day can make a huge difference in maintaining the health of your skin. This also ensures that your skin stays free of toxins and prevents the growth of pimples and acne.
- Apply Sunscreen: Because of the cloudy weather outside, we might often skip using sunscreens. We only use sunscreens in summer to counter the harmful effects of UV rays. These rays can also prove to be harmful on those cloudy days and prove to be very detrimental to the health of your skin. Thus, it is recommended you apply a gel-based water-resistant sunscreen for at least 20 minutes before moving out.
- Exfoliate Your Skin On A Regular Basis: The humidity of monsoon can turn your skin into a breeding ground for a range of germs that can cause serious skin issues like acne and pimples. It is essential to regularly exfoliate your skin with any gentle scrub, which helps to unclog skin pores that may be blocked due to dead skin cells.
Monsoon is one of those times of the year when people generally tend to neglect taking care of our skin. The humid weather can easily lead to the buildup of dead skin cells and toxins, leading to severe skin care issues like acne and eczema. You can contact dermatology experts like Rejuvaskin Clinic to get a customized skincare routine for helping you maintain your skin health.