A good pair of women’s heels will literally elevate your outfit, but after a few hours, when you’re hobbling around in pain, they don’t look quite as stylish. Therefore, if you intend to wear your shoe with heels for an extended period of time, you must ensure that they are comfortable.
You could wear sneakers or just make sure to pack a pair of reliable flats or walking ones in your designer work bag. You could also completely avoid the problem by selecting the most comfortable pair first ‒ yes, it is possible.
Fortunately, designers of today are one step ahead of the competition, offering comfortable models that can be worn for any occasion and is available in virtually any design and colour. We’ve tried and tested a wide range of them to meet your needs, including blocks, kittens, classic nudes, needle-thin stilettos, and timeless mules.
How to choose the right ones for work?
Although a pair of heels will never feel like a pair of sneakers, they can be comfortable enough to wear on a regular basis.
- For improved stability, opt for a model that is wider. While stilettos may come to mind when thinking of high heels, they can also cause discomfort. When you wear stilettos, you are constantly balancing on a sharp point, which can hurt your knees and ankles. Choose a wider one instead for increased stability. Look for wedges, spools, stacked, or sandals, for instance;
- Pick one that is no more than 3 inches high. Shoes with too much height are uncomfortable. Choose footwear that is at least 3 inches lower. A platform can give you more height without raising the heel. If you want more height, you can try one. For work, kitten ones are a great choice. Additionally, pumps typically have lower ones;
- For more comfort, select a toe that is not as pointed. Even though you may believe that a product with a sharp toe looks polished or sexy, sharp toes tend to clump your toes together. Choose an almond-shaped toe instead, which is less pointed.
Convenience above all
Are you tired of that kind of footwear leaving blisters on your feet? If you love the look of that type of footwear but hate the pain they bring you, you can learn to choose more comfortable ones.
- Choose one with a central point. That is, some of them start at the back of it and go straight down. More support is provided by a model that is centred under your heel and dips slightly inward. It becomes more comfortable as a result;
- Check to see that you are secured. If your foot constantly slips it will cause you discomfort. The straps shouldn’t be strained too much. The shoe’s straps should be snug enough to prevent sliding, but not so tight that they hurt your feet;
- When you can, wear platforms. Even though platforms give you more height overall, you can still choose ones with lower ones than platforms. You’ll be able to walk more comfortably and your foot won’t be bent as much. Additionally, because there is a larger barrier between your foot and the sidewalk, platforms provide additional support for your feet;
- Another popular woman’s footwear is one with square toes. For centuries, shoes with square toes have been a major fashion trend. They come in sandals, boots, and everything in between, all of which we have seen and above all, they are extremely practical and comfortable.
- For more comfort, buy leather shoes. In order to maintain its shape, the heel of any high heel is stiffened. A product made of leather will eventually conform to your foot’s shape. Over time, other materials may continue to cause blisters because they are too stiff;
- The lining should completely cover the shoe’s interior. In lower-priced shoes, the lining may only cover the inside of the sole and not the edges. However, you want the padding to cover the entire inside to be more comfortable. Because it breathes better than vinyl or other synthetic materials, leather is an excellent material for a lining. It also moves better when you use your foot;
- Add some extra space. Adding padding can make a difference if your model doesn’t have much support. For the much-needed relief, your feet require, try a gel insert. Since many of them do not provide arch support, look for one that does.
The most comfortable types of women’s shoes are boots, sandals, and low heels.
Women will usually wear these types of shoes when they need to look professional for work or when they want to be trendy for a night out. If you have a vision problem or are pregnant, you should avoid wearing this kind of product. Whether you like it or not, women are expected to always look well-dressed. The fashion rules that govern our wardrobe need to apply to our footgear as well.