The world is even more beautiful from behind a healthy smile!
Travelling is an escape therapy from the stressful routine, jobs and other problems. However, while enjoying our vacations at your favourite destination with your favourite people and food, it is essential to upkeep your oral hygiene.
The only stuff you must have from your travelling days is good memories and gifts, not dental problems.
Do not let your love for travelling cloud your hygiene habits. We know that while packing your favourite clothes, exploring places and having fun at the top of your mind, do not miss your brushing and flossing- no matter how tired you are!
You know you do not have to take care of all your teeth- just the ones you want to keep!
For most people, the biggest reason for “not brushing their teeth” is the excuse that their electric or sonic brushes gave up on them as their battery died.
You can travel anywhere, and Cheeeese™ Electric Toothbrush Kit can be your best travelling companion.
Just charge it once, and it will provide you with 300 days of use.
9 Best Travelling Tips to Amp Up Your Oral Hygiene
Whether you are packing your bags for a long haul or a short business trip, you can leverage the following tips and maintain your oral hygiene.
Dental tips for travelling before you get on the road
Good dental hygiene begins at home!
- Schedule a dental appointment: if it has been longer than 5-6 months since you last visited your dentist, it is time to make your way to the dental clinic. It will ruin your trip if a dental emergency arises because you got too busy with your travel plans. The dental personnel will evaluate your health and guide you through hygiene tips.
If there is anything wrong in your mouth, like a dental cavity in its early stages or gum problems, the dentist can treat it immediately. And, you will be good to go.
- Do not forget to pack your toothbrush: While packing your tickets and passport, your favourite dresses might seem more important. However, it will be better to pack your oral hygiene kit first. If you are taking your old toothbrush along, ensure it is dry before you pack it. Packing a wet toothbrush will become a source of bacteria and do more harm than good.
If your old toothbrush is not travel-friendly, get yourself a new Cheeeese™ Electric Toothbrush Kit. It has a travel case that supports ventilation to keep the brush dry and three separate toothbrush heads. Moreover, it is incredibly lightweight, and the battery, when fully charged, can last for 300 days- what more do you need?
Also, throw in toothpaste, dental floss and a small bottle of mouthwash (as prescribed by your dentist) to complete your hygiene kit.
Dental Tips during Travelling
- Unpack your hygiene kit: Keep your hygiene care supplies within easy reach, so even if you are tired, you will not find it hard to find them and freshen up your smile. Moreover, keeping the toothbrush packed is not a good idea, and it needs ventilation. After you brush your teeth, keep your toothbrush in a container that allows air circulation.
Even if you are flying or driving for long hours, keep your oral care supplies at the top of your luggage or handbag. It will be easier to grab them and use.
- Use clean water to brush your teeth: While travelling, it can be hard to trust the tap water. If you are skeptical about its cleanliness, use water bottles to brush. Using unhygienic water supplies can bring more oral and overall health problems.
- Watch what you eat and drink: We understand that it can be hard to follow a healthy diet and resist the amazing desserts and beverages while you are on vacation. Nevertheless, you must not go overboard with sugar intake.
You can enjoy your sugary treats within a limit and incorporate tooth-healthy snacks like apples, banana, celery, carrots and peanut butter to optimize your dental hygiene.
Ensure that after every meal, you must rinse your mouth with water.
- Take your sugar-free snacks with you: Long flights or road trips will urge you to munch on snacks. Instead of tossing down candies, or chocolates in your mouth, carry sugar-free chewing gums with you. It will curb your travel cravings, and you can keep chewing on it for a longer period.
Frequent and constant chewing on sugary snacks will eventually lead to dental problems such as tooth decay.
- Do not go all rookies on your vacation: After a long day, you will want to hop directly into your cozy bed. Or you may want to stay up all night to party with your travel buddies. That does not mean you can skip your brushing routine.
It is essential to brush twice daily, even if you are on vacation. Stick to the routine of brushing after you have your breakfast and right before you go to bed.
Lastly, the travel hangover can last longer than you expect when you get back home. Therefore, if you have been following your oral hygiene practices on your vacations, it will be easy to return to your regular routine.
Smile; It is Travelling Time!
Good oral health is the epitome of excellent overall health. Remember, the most important thing you need for travelling is healthy teeth and body.
Travel all you want, but ensure you do not compromise your oral hygiene. Because you will not be able to enjoy anything if a dental emergency like dental pain or gum problem arises.
So, when you plan your next trip, get yourself a travel buddy; the Cheeeese™ Electric Toothbrush Kit.