Whatever your reason for booking a massage, there’s no denying its power. It can do so much more than help you feel relaxed, regular massages can be a powerful tool in your healthcare regime. If you are looking to relax or pamper yourself, a massage is a perfect way to take time out, unwind, and heal art therapeutic massage.
Massage therapeutic arts are inspired by a vision of healing, comfort, and inner peace, they can provide you with the sanctuary in which to heal and renew.
The 5 main benefits of massage therapy:
- Promotes relaxation and improves sleep: It’s great for helping you feel relaxed and renewed. Massage therapy is known to decrease cortisol levels in the body, a stress hormone that can contribute to sleeplessness. Massage can help the body enter recovery mode, which triggers relaxation to help you sleep better and improve your immune system.
- Increases joint flexibility: If you exercise regularly, you will know the familiar, niggling feeling of strain on your joints. Massage can reduce this pressure and pain and improve flexibility too. Regular massage of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints helps your body to become more alert and it reduces injuries due to stiff joints.
- Reduces stress levels: Massage is the perfect therapy for stress relief. As it reduces stress hormones and can lift your mood. Boost your energy levels and help to reduce anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- Reduces headaches/migraine pain: Tension in the upper back can lead to headaches or migraines, which can be uncomfortable and painful. Head massages are perfect for relieving this pressure. It stimulates and improves blood flow to the neck (which promotes relaxation) and increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp/hair follicles.
- Improves circulation: The long-term benefits of therapeutic massage arts shouldn’t be underestimated, and improved circulation is just one of the perks, massage gives tense, aching muscles the blood supply they need to heal. Plus, it releases pressure, eases muscle pain, and can lower your overall blood pressure.
Relaxation massages are a smooth, gentle treatment that promotes general relaxation, relieves some muscular tension, and increases circulation. Compared therapeutic massages, which is a general term that describes any type of massage modality that helps relieve pain, reduces stress, and works on specific problems.
The types and benefits of therapeutic massage arts:
- Swedish massage: This massage is a gentle full body massage: that’s great for people who are new to massage, for people who want to release tension and desire gentle touch. It can help release muscle knots and fully relax during a massage.
- Hot stone massage: Ease muscle tension, improve blood flow, alleviate pain, relieve stress, and promote relaxation.
- Shiatsu massage: It’s A Japanese type of massage that promotes emotional and physical calm and relaxation, and relieves headache, pain, and tension.
- Sports massage: Increase flexibility, reduce anxiety, improve athletic performance, relieve pain, and release muscle tension.
- Deep tissue massage: It’s a good option if you have muscle problems, such as soreness, chronic muscle pain, injury, tightness, and imbalance.
- Reflexology: Relaxation, reduced pain, reduced pain and fatigue, improved sleep and mood.
- Aromatherapy massage: Boost your mood, relieve pain, reduce symptoms of depression, relieve muscle tension, and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Trigger point massage: Is best suited for people who have injuries, chronic pain, or a specific issue.
- Thai massage: Improve flexibility, circulation, and energy levels.
- Prenatal massage: It can be a safe way for women to get a massage during pregnancy, reduce pregnancy body aches, and reduce stress.
- Abhyanga oil massage: Abhyanga is a type of oil massage to nourish the skin.
There are many benefits and types of therapeutic massages, you can choose the suitable for your condition to promote your health such as the immune system, improve overall sleep quality and improve the quality of your life like boost focus to achieve your dreams and goals and enjoy your time.
You can always visit the Miracle Physical Therapy and Massage Center where you will find the best therapist in the city. If you are looking for therapeutic massages near Northville, Michigan, just click here and book an appointment: miraclerehabclinic.com/city/northville
They will not only help you get better but will tailor a treatment for you to get back to your regular activities with no pain. Take care of yourself and live a happier longer life.
Leave a Reply