The translation is a process that is to change the formation of a specific language into some other language. It is to help the audience in interpreting the documents. It has different types like medical, legal, technical, and online translation. Some employees do the whole method without disturbing someone’s cultural sensitivity. This process continues in different countries. One of them is the Translation in Dubai. People belonging to different backgrounds are in this country. They need help in communication. It is provided by translators and interpreters.
Translation as Backbone of Globalization:
Globalization means around the whole globe or universe. As the people are becoming more educated, they have developed an interest in the food, culture, and languages of other countries. Globalization has increased due to the advancement in technology. People are getting aware of the same culture, language, and goods related to different countries. People are accepting others living standards due to globalization. It has broadened their way of thinking. It brings the nation together, building harmony and peace.
Purpose of Translators Job:
The aim of translation service provider is to interpret the data and transfer it into the target language. The material is sometimes written or spoken. The meaning of the text is protected. The translator must deal with various clients and companies. They use glossaries and dictionaries that will increase their knowledge in multiple languages. They can handle different customers at a time.
Types of Translation:
Some of them are the following:
Skills in the Translation:
The method of translation is incomplete without a skill. Skilled translators progress speedily. Some of the necessary working skills are the following:
- There should be expertise in two or more languages.
- There should be depth knowledge about localization.
- There should be known specific culture of the country.
- There should be complete information on a subject related topic.
- The skills regarding grammar should be excellent.
- The writing skills should be strong.
- Work quickly to meet the deadlines of the project.
- The translator should be proficient in using computer-aided software.
- The translator should be self-motivated.
- The knowledge gained should be with keenness.
- The translator should be an expert in writing the text.
Responsibilities of Professional Translators:
There are some specific roles that a translator should adopt. They are the following:
- To Communicate:
It is necessary to interact with people to transfer your message. The way of interaction should be clear. The message should be easily read by the client. The idea should be without disturbance. The process of sending a message should be with responsibility.
- Build Relationship:
The relationship between the translator and the client should be strong. It is by gaining trust. If you fulfill the requirements of the customer, he will develop confidence in you. The relationship becomes weak with the lack of understanding.
- Develop Confidence of Client:
The translator must make his customer feel confident of his work. The content should be accurate and the context should be up to the mark. All these activities develop the confidence of your client.
- Development and Growth:
It is achieved by sharing knowledge and resources. The translator should behave considering the cultural environment of the client. He should use the local language during communication. It is the duty of professional translators.
- Sharing of Culture:
If the translator wants to share or promote the culture through his translation, then he should have absolute knowledge of it. Skilled workers can achieve this goal. At the beauty pageants, there are cultural promoters who are professionals to do the job. They promote the culture at the international level.
Job Duties of Translators:
They are the following:
- A good translator has to interpret the original language and translate it into the target language without changing the meanings of the text.
- There is a translation of the videos, audios, and online. It is with headings or subtitles.
- If there are different concepts regarding a topic, do consult with your colleagues for help.
- They can use tools for online translation.
- To discuss with the clients about their project.
- Give satisfaction to customers by coming up to their demands.
- Give efficiency to the translation by using advanced software.
- All the legal and ethical obligations should be completed.
- The company quality standards should not be lowered.
- Different documents like medical, industrial, legal, and educational should be translated easily.
- There are industries like medicine, arts, and finance that require the expertise of translators.
- At the start of the work, they should work on a trial basis. If they get experience, they should start officially.
Importance of Quality in Translation:
The quality of translation is determined by meeting the standards of the client. There should be the establishment of metrics that compare the progress of the work. These metrics are the following:
- Checking spelling.
- Style of the context.
- Requirements of the client.