Parenthood comes with both joy and responsibility. The joy is of seeing your babies grow up and the responsibility is of keeping them safe. So, if there is a product that will come in contact with your baby’s hair daily, it is your duty to ensure that the product is safe and best.
Now you might be saying that – “Hey, I already know this. What I don’t know is which is the safest and best baby shampoo in India?” Well, worry not. We are here to answer this question.
In this article, you’ll learn how to check the safety of shampoo as a concerned parent. Along with that, we are also going to tell you the qualities in a shampoo that makes it the best. And at the end, we will also reveal our favorite pick from Mamaearth! If you care about what goes on to the hair of your precious one, read this article to the end.
How To Check If A Baby Shampoo Is Safe?
The label of a shampoo bottle can truly be mind-boggling. There are unfathomable names of chemicals and there are percentages of those chemicals. As a layperson, it might become hard for you to decode all of this. But there is an easy way out.
If you check the bottle of a quality baby shampoo, you might find words like ‘FDA-approved’ or ‘Dermatologically tested.’ It is these words that denote the safety of a product for your baby. Let’s dig a little deeper into this:
- MadeSafe Certification: MadeSafe is an organization that checks the safety of products. It gives a nontoxic seal for products that you use on a daily basis. For example: baby care products, personal care products, household products, etc.
- FDA Approval: The United States Food and Drug Administration (commonly known as FDA) is a federal agency that checks the safety of everything from personal care products to medicines.
- Dermatologically Testing: Before releasing out in the market, many brands test their products on synthetic skin or hair. If it does not cause any harm or allergic reaction to synthetic skin and hair, the product is deemed to be safe for human use.
If you see any of the above three things mentioned on the label of the baby shampoo, it means that the shampoo is safe to use on your baby’s hair.
What Makes A Shampoo Best?
Now you know how to check the safety of baby shampoo. But that is not all. You also need to ensure that the shampoo is effective enough. Otherwise, it will be just a waste of time and money.
There are some common qualities in all effective shampoos. If you find them in a shampoo, it’s probably good for your baby. Here is a list of some of those qualities that you have to look out for:
- Hair Type: Just like adults, babies also have different hair types. And they also need hair products that can work specifically on their hair types. First, you have to know what the hair type of your baby is. And then you just need to read the label of the baby shampoo if it is working on that hair type or not.
- Back to Basics: Our ancestors used to rely on the goodness of nature and now it is time to go back to the basics. Typically, those baby products work the best that contain natural ingredients.
- A Big No to Toxins: There are a few chemical compounds that you should stay away from. A few examples of these chemicals are Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Parabens, Sodium Chloride, Polyethylene Glycols (PEG), Synthetic fragrances, Synthetic colors, etc. Not just baby shampoos, these chemical compounds should also be avoided in shampoos for adults.
Our Favorite Pick
By now, you know more about baby shampoos than most parents. You are equipped with the knowledge of choosing the safest and best baby shampoo in India. However, the supermarket aisles are full of shampoos that can overwhelm even the experts. So, we have decided to reveal our favorite pick. And it is none other than Mamaearth Milky Soft Shampoo with Oats, Milk, and Calendula for Babies.
By the way, it’s not just us. Moms who want to make their baby’s hair soft and tangle-free also love the Mamaearth shampoo. And here are some reasons for that:
- Gently Cleanses Hair: Harsh shampoos can irritate the scalp of your baby. Thankfully, Mamaearth Milky Soft Shampoo does not contain any harsh ingredients that can cause irritation. This tea-free baby shampoo cleanses your baby’s scalp gently and leaves it soothed.
- Balances Scalp pH: Most often, an imbalanced pH level is one of the main reasons for itchy and flaky scalp. But Mamaearth Milky Soft Shampoo balances the pH level of the scalp and treats the itch.
- Leaves Hair Soft & Smooth: The natural hair of babies is as soft as a feather. But various factors can change that. Mamaearth Milky Soft Shampoo makes your baby’s hair soft and smooth with natural ingredients.
All these benefits come from the unique ingredient list of this baby shampoo. It contains:
- Oats: They are best known for conditioning and moisturizing the hair. That is why this shampoo is so good at making the hair tangle-free and soft.
- Milk Protein & Calcium: The lipids and proteins strengthen the hair and add shine. Calcium, which is also present in milk, promotes hair growth. So, milk protein and calcium add up to the strengthening and fast growth of your baby’s hair.
- Citric Acid: Although it has the name ‘acid’ in it, you don’t have to have to worry. Citric acid actually exfoliates the outer layer of the scalp gently and cleans it.
- Calendula: Calendula extract wears many hats when it comes to hair care benefits. It conditions and hydrates the scalp and also aids in growing thick hair.
There is no doubt that this shampoo is going to make your baby’s hair soft and silky. However, if you want alternatives, you can try Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo that contains natural ingredients such as coconut, jojoba oil, calendula extract, and aloe vera extract.
We have suggested our favorite one. Now it’s your turn to make the decision. If you are planning to buy baby shampoo online, be quick to place the order!