The Tata group is an Indian-based international company with business in multiple sectors. The group was established by Jamsetji Tata in 1868 and is one of the nation’s oldest groups.
It began as a private trading firm. In 1902, the group partnered with the Indian Hotels Company to build India’s first luxury hotel, the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower.
Tata operates in various industries, including steel, education, power, consumables, aviation, chemicals, technology, cosmetics, marketing, engineering and manufacturing, tea, and software services, and is an Indian multinational conglomerate, making it one of the most lucrative brands for online stock trading.
Here are a few interesting facts about the TATA Group that you must know before you start investing:
- Started as a Trading Company – In 1868, Jamsetji Tata established the Tata Group, intending to help the country’s people. The group had the aim of 2 among them was to establish a world-renowned steel company and world-class hotels.
- Among the list of most valuable companies in Asia – With a Brand Value of USD 23.9 Billion, Tata group holds the position of one of the most valuable companies in Asia.
- Had a Joint Venture with Benz – When Tata group initially launched their trucks, it had the logo of Mercedes on the front. These trucks were manufactured Jointly by Tata Group and Daimler Benz.
- Supplies Vehicles to Indian Defence forces – Tata Group is India’s most prominent defence vehicle manufacturer. Besides simple vehicles, Tata also provides the forces with analytical support, combat support, and developmental vehicles.
- No Investment in intoxication products – As it is known to many, tobacco and Alcohol is among the products in the country with the highest profitability margins. Even though Tata’s are pioneers in most industries, they have never been involved in any business of this class of products.
- Served as a trailblazer for many industries: As mentioned above, Tata Group has a diverse range of business activities; it is not that Tata has businesses across these industries, but the group has been a pioneer in most of these industries in the country.
- Has a British Salt Company: British Salt, United Kingdom’s salt company, is Tata Group. After being run by the Britishers for so long, an Indian company owning their premier Salt company gives a sense of accomplishment.
- The group owns a prestigious car brand of the world – Jaguar Land Rover is an Iconic British car Brand; Tatas Conglomerate owns the Company, which it bought from Ford in 2008.
- Employs people worldwide: With 750000 employees, many of them work for different associated offices across the world. Tata group has a diverse range of employees hailing from different nationalities.
- Owner of the world’s top steel-producing Company: Tata Steel is among the largest steel manufacturers in the world. The Company has a capacity of 34 MPTA.
- Largest Connectivity provider in the world: With the most significant undersea connection of connectivity, Tata Communication holds the market share of 30% of the world’s Internet routes. Tata has been able to bring people closer through connectivity around the globe.
- IT service giant: Tata Consultancy Services has a commendable market presence when it comes to IT services. The Company reached $100 Billion Market capitalization in 2018. Only Tata communication played an essential role in designing the Aadhar portal, and we all know the efficiency of the same today.
As the country is growing, there is the tremendous contribution of groups like Tata. A group that adheres to its social responsibility and even beyond. Tata group is expected to keep the upward trajectory and keep paving the way for other entrepreneurs to follow.