Eventually, everyone starts thinking about investing money. Successful investments can help with such objectives as buying a home, paying for education, travelling the world, etc. Even global goals like supporting your retirement can be achieved through investing. To start this process, it is crucial to evaluate your options and choose the right services or assets to invest in. Investment platforms are very popular around the globe because of their convenience and accessibility. In Europe, citizens also have a variety of investment services available. In this article, we will cover two investment platforms called Quanloop and Mintos.
Quanloop is a relatively young investment service that was created in 2019. It is an alternative investment fund originating from Estonia. All citizens of the European Union or EEA are eligible to invest here after reaching legal age.
This platform has a unique approach that implies borrowing one euro from each lender for only 24 hours. This money is invested into carefully selected projects and repaid every day at midnight.
- It is possible to invest money online with a single euro. This is handy if you want to learn about the platform and test things out first.
- The annual return ranges from 5% to 15%. Right now, the average income yearly is about 13,4%.
- Investments here are liquid, and investors can withdraw their capital every 24 hours without issues.
- While all investment platforms come with risks, there are three different risk plans at Quanloop. They guarantee that each investor cannot possibly lose all the money as it is not allowed to allocate all their capital to the high-risk plan, for instance. It is only possible to invest up to 33% of the funds into the highest-risk plan and 50% of the money into the medium-risk plan.
- An annual tax form is provided, which is useful for investors that need this document to register their taxes.
- If you want to actively participate in the investing process, there is no way to choose a project or business to invest your capital in. The platform itself chooses where to invest money online.
- There is little information about the borrowers that receive the money you have invested.
Mintos is a Latvian P2P platform for lending money. It was founded in 2015 and has offices in Europe and Latin America. Mintos financial services are available in many countries across the globe. Businesses can place loans on this platform for investors to lend their capital. Both businesses and individuals can be investors of this service. To make an investment, it is required to have a bank account registered in the European Union. The annual return can fluctuate from 6% to 22%, but the average income is 12%. Here is a list of the benefits and disadvantages of this provider.
- Great potential for diversifying your portfolio as there are many countries involved in the lending process.
- The lowest investment is 10 euros, which is highly accessible for people with different budgets.
- This investment platform is user-friendly for beginner investors but remains convenient for advanced users too.
- There is a beneficial referral program that allows earning a certain commission from each referred person.
- There is no option to make money online investment using a credit card instantly for convenience.
- While this peer-to-peer investment service is available in many countries across Europe, South America, and other parts of the world, not all European citizens can use it. For instance, investors from France and the United Kingdom cannot benefit from this service.
- An additional fee is deducted during the currency exchange.
Overall, both investment services are available to most European citizens. Their minimum investment is low enough to be suitable for all kinds of investors. Both platforms are easy to use and intuitive, which makes them fitting for beginner lenders and experienced investors alike. Mintos has been on the market for some time already and has earned its reputation, whereas Quanloop is great potential for future growth.