Let’s face it; the world has changed steadily over the years. Children are now more attuned towards taking part in various kids activities at home itself and this majorly takes place digitally. Numerous kids activities are readily available online at platforms like Yellow Class including art and craft, GK, vocabulary, phonics, storytelling, puppetry, magic, cooking, dance, yoga and a lot more. However, it is just not enough to encourage your little one to take part in these activities online.
You should accept the fact that he/she will require more space to partake in these activities and pursuits. Hence, here are some simple tips that will help you create the right environment for your child with regard to his/her online hobby classes.
- Free up space amply- You should free up as much space as possible for your children. Books and paper may otherwise look nice but a sudden avalanche is not desirable and works as a distraction to say the least! Ensure that you have ample space allocated for the learning device, i.e. the computer, tablet or television screen. Clear the immediate work area of all clutter and other distractions and you can greatly enhance overall focus as a result.
- Set the temperature properly- Make sure that the room temperature does not work as a distraction. Ensure that the room is not overtly hot or cold in this case. Your child should not be shivering throughout the online lesson or sweat excessively. Maintain the right temperature and airflow.
- Adjust lighting suitably- You should focus on ensuring the right amount of light for your little one when he/she is engaged in online hobby classes. Make sure that you let in ample natural light or even artificial lighting wherever needed.
- Comfort is the key- Make sure that your child will be comfortable while pursuing online hobby classes. He/she should have proper seating along with good posture if sitting at a desk or even on a sofa.
- Sound matters- Make sure that the child has good quality headphones to participate in the online hobby lesson. If he/she prefers listening over speakers, make space for them too. The audio quality should be checked out carefully before anything else.
- Observe carefully- Once you have put everything in place, make sure that you observe on the sidelines for the first day or two. This will give you an idea of how your child is responding to this particular space. It will give you an idea of what needs to be tweaked. Also teach your child how to responsibly use the space and how to prepare for any online lesson, be it an online hobby class or even an academic lesson.
These little tips will help you immensely with regard to creating a suitable environment for your little one to learn.
Leave a Reply