There is a popular opinion that there is no PvP in Final Fantasy XIV. Or at least – that it is somehow wrong here, and there is no point in wasting time on it. That’s not so. Although PvP is certainly not the strongest side of FFXIV, it not only exists but is also steadily developing. Developers regularly tweak the balance and add new modes, and the best players are brought to fan festivals for demonstration fights. PvP is also another way to upgrade and earn tomestones. It’s better to lose in a tense match than to crawl through the same dungeon for the thousandth time.
In Final Fantasy 14 it is not so easy to quickly develop your character, especially if you are a beginner. Therefore, many players turn to game-boosting services, where professional players help with ffxiv power leveling, passing dungeons, conducting raids, and buying in-game currency. The service starts to fulfill the order immediately, providing 24/7 support. This is a legal service and player data is kept secret.
What You Need to Know about PvP in FFXIV
- All modes are available at level 30 after obtaining a profession
- Level and equipment do not matter, the parameters depend only on the chosen profession
- Each profession has its own set of attacks and abilities, it is advisable to study them in advance
- Each player accumulates a personal Limit Break
PvP modes are opened separately through mini-quests, where you need to talk to someone.
Quest titles – Friendly duels in Wolves’ Den, Frontline, Crystalline Conflict, Rival Wings. Before going into the match, you need to distribute PvP abilities by PvP hotbars through the Character > PvP Profile menu. PvP hotbars are included in Wolves’ Den Pier locations, they are directed there by PvP quests. In Wolves’ Den, you can train on whipping dolls and arrange friendly duels. You can also exchange PvP currency for decorative equipment, hairstyles, minions, and music there.
Another unique aspect of PvP in Final Fantasy 14 is the so-called “series”, where you need to gain levels for participating in matches. Each PvP series lasts one big patch. During one episode, you can reach level 30 – for every 5 levels they give some kind of prize. For example, the main prize for the first series is a set of armor at level 25. For intermediate levels, crystals are awarded for the purchase of every little thing. Points for the series can be earned in any PvP mode.
In PvP, there are 5 abilities common to all:
- Recuperate – recovers 15,000 HP in exchange for 2500 MP. This is the only PvP ability that spends MP.
- Standart-issue Elixir – fully restores HP and MP. It is cast for 4.5 seconds and is interrupted when taking damage, so it is unlikely to be applied next to the enemy.
- Purify – removes debuffs like a contusion, freezing, slowing down, and sleep. After removal, it gives 5 seconds of protection from repeated debuffs.
- Guard – blocks 90% of incoming damage, all debuffs, repulsion, and attraction for 5 seconds. At the same time, it reduces the speed of movement. It is deactivated when using any attack or ability.
- Sprint – acceleration of running in Final Fantasy 14. Deactivated when using any attack or ability. Unlike the sprint in PvE, it is available at any time (without recharging).
What a player should know about modes in FFXIV
Frontline – large-scale battles in the format of 8x8x8 and 24x24x24. To win, you need to score a certain number of points – they are awarded for capturing objects and eliminating enemy fighters.
The Rival Wings – MOBA-style battles involving combat vehicles in 24×24 format. To win, you need to destroy the core on the enemy’s base.
Crystalline Conflict – quick matches in 5×5 format. To win, you need to bring the crystal to the finish mark on the opponent’s side.
PvP event: Garo
In PvP in Final Fantasy 14, you can get costumes and mounts based on the Garo TV series. Here’s what you need to do:
- Purchase weapons and armor from the Disreputable Priest in Wolves’ Den
- Equip them and talk to this NPC again to get the achievement and title
- Make this title active (so that it is displayed next to the name)
- Earn achievements for winning matches, the prize for each achievement is an iron horse
After receiving the title, weapons and armor can be thrown away. Like the rest of the awards for achievements, they are sold for a symbolic amount at Calamity Salvager (except costume jewelry).
Maybe the PVP part of the game is not the most exciting, but in the aggregate, all game’s features immerse the player in an exciting world of adventure. Final Fantasy 14 is a game that has more than 200 awards worldwide, so you should try it if you have never played it before.