FSSAI registrations apply to all the food suppliers, vendors, retailers and the process to obtain the FSSAI registration in Delhi is very simple if using any FSSAI license consultant in Delhi. some of the major documents for FSSAI registration where:
- Photo of the business owner,
- ID proof of being Indian like ration card, aadhar card, PAN card, driving license, passport, senior citizen card.
- Supporting documents is like NOC (non-objection certificate) by the municipality or the panchayat, health NOC.
One needs to submit all the documentation on time to avoid any registration and licensing process complications.
Steps to get the FSSAI registration in Delhi
- FSSAI registration in Delhi could be obtained by submitting Form A to the food and safety department.
- The application needs to be submitted to the required documents online. You may directly upload it over the given portal or to the consultant.
- It takes at least 7 days to get the FSSAI registration in Delhi.
- The food operator has to display their FSSAI registration certificate at the business place.
Different types of FSSAI registration in Delhi
FSSAI gives three categories of food registration in Delhi under an Act.
- FSSAI basic license- basic licenses are necessary if in case the annual turnover is less than Rs. 12 lakh.
- FSSAI State license: state license is necessary when the turnover is between 12-20 crores. In the case of relabeling business, repacking irrespective of the turnover, the business needs a state license.
- FSSAI central license: in cases if the annual turnover exceeds Rs. 20 crore, then the food business operator needs to apply for the central licenses. For importers and exporters, central license or FSSAI import license is required.
Based on the annual turnover of any food-related business that needs a registration or license in Delhi. It is mandatory to have the FSSAI license prior to setting up the food business as there are certain penalties and some legal charges as the FSSAI rules are most stringent.
Why it is necessary to obtain the FSSAI registration in Delhi
Once the FSSAI registration is obtained the food business operator got many different benefits. It increases the goodwill amongst the customer, develops awareness towards the customers, and helps assist the business’s expansion. FSSAI registration and licenses in Delhi helps in regulating the manufacturing, distribution, storing, and sale of the imported food.
The FSSAI registration in Delhi is essential to commence with the food or any related business. The validity of license or registration is for 1 year or 5 years depending upon the holder’s choice.
For renewal of the license one need to apply 30 days prior to the expiry of the current license.
There are certain points to remember of the FSSAI license:
- The most important things about the FSSAI license are that if it takes longer than 60 days, the applicant needs to start without the license instead of waiting for further processing.
- To enhance the hygiene of food, many changes need to be done as per the FSSAI Act 2006. As per the act, it is essential to get an FSSAI registration and licenses.