Our make-up bag contains tweezers, which are indispensable for beauty supplies. We use tweezers to remove unwanted hair especially in the eyebrow and mustache area, holding and carrying things precisely. In addition, we use tweezers to remove unwanted hair on our faces and body. For this reason, it is a necessity to choose tweezers carefully, which is a material that we use very often.
Because a good tweezer means that the hairs are removed without breaking and they do not form ingrown. If you are in search of the most suitable product among the tweezer brands, you can easily find the tweezers types of many brands.
Which are the best tweezers If you are wondering what tweezers are, what are the types of tweezers, how to use tweezers, what to consider when buying tweezers, you can take a look at our article.
What are Tweezers?
Tweezers are skincare materials that are difficult to distinguish with the naked eye and are generally used to remove fine hairs. It is produced especially from metal. The tweezers are sharp and can be easily held in the hand.
What Are the Types of Tweezers?
The tweezers may differ for the area and purposes to be applied. We can list the tweezers models as follows:
- Blunt (flat, angled tip) tweezers: These are the types of tweezers suitable for removing thick and short hairs. If you can grasp and pull the hairs straight, this type of tweezers will suit you. If you are holding and pulling with straight movements while using someone else’s eyebrows, you can still use one of these types of tweezers.
- Needle (pointed) tweezers: It is used to remove ingrown hairs, which are fine hairs stuck in the hair roots. It is suitable for professional use.
- Precision tweezers: Controlling the use of these tweezers is easy. If your eyebrows are long and you can grasp the hair from the bottom with tweezers and pull it according to the direction of growth, you can use it easily.
- False eyelash tweezers: It is a type of tweezer that provides convenience while wearing false eyelashes. When applying with normal tweezers, tightening the tweezers too tightly can spoil the appearance of false eyelashes. Even if the false eyelashes are tightened with the false eyelash tweezers, thanks to its special design, the eyelashes will not be damaged.
- Plastic tweezers: It is a type of tweezers used in silk eyelash applications.
How to Use Tweezers?
It is recommended to disinfect the tweezers before and after use. It is common to use cologne for the disinfection process.
If tweezers are to be used for eyebrows, care should be taken to use them by the eyebrow structure. The desired eyebrow shape is gently drawn using an eyebrow pencil and the hairs outside the line are removed with tweezers. For this, hair is brought between the two metal ends of the tweezers, the ends are squeezed and the hair is pulled.
This process is performed for all the hairs desired to be removed. The hair should be held from the bottom to prevent the eyebrows from hurting and breaking. It is recommended not to remove eyebrows or mustaches with tweezers without seeing them with a mirror. Because tweezers with a sharp tip can damage the skin. In addition, if eyebrow hairs are removed without looking, it can cause the shape of the eyebrow to deteriorate.
Tweezers should not come into contact with detergents and similar products.
What Is Considered When Choosing Tweezers?
Choosing the right tweezers is important. In cases where a good tweezer is not selected, hair breakage and ingrown hairs may occur. In addition, tweezers that are suitable for frequent use and that will not be deformed due to frequent use should be preferred.
Another point to consider when choosing the tweezers is that it is one of the models that will fit your hand perfectly, and you should be able to make frequent and easy movements. A very hard tweezer will be tiring during eyebrow plucking.
Not all tweezers are covered with healthy materials. If you have allergic skin, it should be noted that the tweezers are made of medical steel. In this context, stainless-steel tweezers can be preferred in terms of ease of use, long service life, and health.
In addition, products offered for sale as a set of tweezers can also be preferred. You can use the most suitable tweezer for your needs in these sets, where there is more than one tweezer together.