We all love to celebrate. We leave no excuse to have a celebration. Not only birthdays and anniversaries, but even days like Father’s Day, baby shower or any small achievement like promotion is celebrated by folks with great enthusiasm. However, planning is something that no host likes. Planning an event can be stressful, especially if you are doing everything on your own and have a limited budget. But, we will make your planning process fun and easy.
Flowers and cakes continue to the best, warmest and most affordable options in terms of gifts. Not only are they easy on the pocket, but are also wonderful and thoughtful gifts that are always enjoyed and appreciated. If you want to give someone a surprise, you can always choose a credible online flower shop that stocks the freshest and most exotic flowers. You can surprise whoever you want to by arranging a delivery straight at their doorsteps.
Follow the steps religiously when planning an event at home with a limited budget.
- Make a List: It is very important that you are clear of the objective why you are planning an event, and the purpose of it. Every event is different and has different objectives. For instance, a Father’s Day event would be to surprise dad and everything in his honour. Whereas a get-together means having everyone around to have a good time. With events, the guest also changes. So, make the list of important things like:
- The guests you will invite and the number ( For Father’s Day, you may not invite even your distant relatives)
- List out activities ( For Father’s Day, it will be centered around father or what he likes)
- Budget: The most important in the planning of the event. For successful planning and not to incur losses its essential you figure out your budget and then divide out it for every part like decor, food, and gifts
- Decorations: For every event, decorations are of utmost importance. Even if the celebration is small, you need to decorate it for the feels and vibes. Decorations will make the place look pretty and create a conducive environment for the party. A few ways to help you save cost while planning decorations as it get expensive.
- Do it yourself decorations are quite trendy. You can find tutorials and reels on Instagram where you will find the decoration idea. Use things at your home like curtains from old bedsheets, paper craft decorations to save on cost
- If you do not want to take the hassle of decorating your space but still want to save money. You can collect items from wholesale markets or online portals providing affordable prices for balloons, candles, flowers, and any other items. Then, you can hire a decorator to decorate the venue.
- Food, Beverage, and Dessert: Another important factor for any celebration is your food and dessert menu. You cannot forego this element. But, you can act smart to save your cost. For get-togethers or family events go for a potluck theme where every invitee will bring a dish from their home. For birthdays, Father’s Day, anniversary where you are the host, make everything at home as it will be cheaper than buying from any restaurant. If your guests are not liquor fans, eliminate it as again it will raise the cost. Coming to the dessert part, you will need to have a lip-smacking father’s day special cake, birthday cake, anniversary cake. Order from a bakery providing free-delivery. Always compare the price of your chosen cake with other bakeries and then order. Having said that, do not compromise on quality either. Some dishes you can make at home in good quantity without spending much and easily
- Macaroni or Pasta dishes
- Loaded Chips or Kurkure
- Potato cutlets, fries, tikkis
- Burgers (You can make the filling at home and get the burgers from outside)
- Gifts: When you are organizing a birthday, anniversary, Father’s Day party you also need to think about the gift for the guest of honour. Gift is an important part of celebrations and your way of adoring or expressing your feelings to the recipient. You will have thoughts on how to save for the gift while planning the surprise or how much extra do I need to spare for the gift. Here’s your way out:
- Go for handmade gifts. You will cut the cost and the recipient will be delighted. Craft your gifts and not buy them online
- Personalised gifts. There is a range of personalised gifts that aren’t too costly like mugs, cushions, t-shirts online. You can buy the plain one and get it printed from any digital studio as well.
- You can make chocolate and candy baskets at home or from a confectionery store as per your budget.
All things are covered!