Before you apply makeup, it’s essential to prepare your skin through cleansing and moisturizing. One of the things you should never lack in your cosmetic bag is a makeup base or primer. This product is essential since it makes your makeup last longer. However, some people don’t know why makeup bases are important and how to use them. A makeup base is used to smoothen the skin before the real makeup is applied. These bases fill blemishes, pores, and blurs to ensure the skin is smooth. They also form a barrier between the skin and the makeup, which makes it last for long.
Which types are available?
There are many types of makeup bases in the market today, where you can choose one that suits your needs. Below are the top types of makeup bases:
– Tinted primers
As the name suggests, it’s a makeup base whose main purpose is to hide wrinkles and other lines, especially on the face. Tinted primers come in the form of liquid and gel.
– Cream-based primers
These primers have a creamy texture that provides great coverage of lines and wrinkles on the skin. Cream-based makeup bases are better compared to tinted ones.
– Gel primers
These kinds of makeup base best suits people with dry skin. They have unique ingredients, including antioxidants and hyaluronic acid serum which hydrate the skin and make it smooth. These ingredients help a lot in giving the desired results.
– Silicone primers
They provide a smooth canvas finish immediately after you apply them to your skin. They’re great substitutes to water-based makeup bases. When you apply a silicone primer before your makeup, be sure it’ll last longer.
– Lip primers
Lips are bound to lose their original color after some time. This challenge can be solved by applying a lip makeup base before you apply your lipstick.
– Eye primers
These are made specifically for the eyes. They need special attention when applying to ensure your eye makeup looks good. They’re mainly used for correcting the colors of eyelids so that makeup can be applied.
These are some of the top makeup bases you can get in the market.
How can they help you?
Makeup bases have many benefits as follows:
- They protect the skin by creating a foundation where the makeup will lie. This is essential and prevents the prolonged side effects caused by makeup.
- Your makeup will last longer depending on your needs or the occasion you’ll be attending.
- They make the skin smooth and thus make it easy to apply makeup.
- A makeup base adds extra protection on the skin by preventing damage, especially if the makeup products have some harsh ingredients.
- They conceal light marks, wrinkles, and lines on one’s skin and thus giving a radiant look.
- For people with oily skins, sweating will normally happen, especially during the summer. Therefore, if you use makeup, all the excess oil will be absorbed.
These are some benefits of makeup bases. With the rise of makeup products with harmful ingredients, it’s essential to have these bases for maximum protection.
Leave a Reply