Are you looking for solid Criminal Lawyer in delhi? Understanding how the selection process works are crucial. This article contains many helpful tips to help you in your search.
Sometimes you can’t avoid hiring an attorney to help you with your legal matter. There are many ways to reduce your legal bill in hourly cases. Hourly billing is used by law firms for certain types of cases because they don’t know how cooperative and efficient you are and, as a result, how much time they can devote to your case. What can you do to get equally high-quality service and keep your attorney’s fees down?
- Your lawyer will be more efficient if he has all the information he needs without having to keep following up with you and without having to request extensions. Your prompt “OK” on a court filing could make a difference in whether the document is sent by mail before the deadline or by a more expensive same-day courier.
- Keep your lawyer updated. Nothing is more wasteful than having to draft a document or prepare for a hearing on a set of facts. Only to discover at the last moment that there has been an update or event that you had known about. This will change your lawyer’s course. Your lawyer should be able to find out any new information as soon and as quickly as possible.
- Understanding Your Lawyer’s Billable Hours. Most law firms bill in increments of 15 minutes. This means that even a 6-minute call could be billed at 0.25 of an hour. We at PJI Legal believe this is excessive. So we only bill in increments 6 minutes or 0.1 of an hour. And we don’t bill anything like reviewing voice messages. Knowing how your lawyer bills and what is considered billable will allow you to plan your communication and actions throughout your case.
- When possible, communicate with staff. If you have a non-legal issue, like requesting a copy of a document, contact the legal assistant or secretary rather than the lawyer. Some firms charge for the time of an assistant, while others don’t. However, it is far cheaper than paying your lawyer for the time you don’t need.
- Deliver all documents in a timely and organized manner to the law firm. If your lawyer is missing any documents, he will interrupt his work and contact you as soon as possible. Additionally, the better organized your documents will be (grouped, tabbed, and labeled), the easier it will be for your lawyer to work with them. Your lawyer will be able to work more efficiently with your documents if they are organized properly.
- You can also do some of the work yourself. This includes gathering documents, communicating to certain third parties, and preparing responses for “discovery” requests. Your lawyer will need to do less work if you do more than you can do. This one is a warning sign. You should always consult your lawyer before you attempt to do anything yourself.
- You should consolidate and organize your emails. You should download all attachments to your computer and send them to your attorney in one email. If you don’t take the time to organize them properly, he will. If your lawyer sends you an email with questions, make sure to answer each one in a numbered order. Your answers should not be in one long paragraph.
Leave a Reply