Do you own an electronic repairing store in Georgia? Then, you must be getting plenty of laptops, cell-phones, tablets, and other portable computers to repair. All of these devices have printed circuit boards that determine their functioning to a great extent. If something goes wrong in the circuit boards, the chances are high your electronic item will start malfunctioning. But the question is, how will you determine if the electronic product you are restoring won’t come back to you the second time for repair – by performing superior quality repair the first time itself. But that can be feasible only when your technicians know how to carry out long-lasting hand soldering. That’s where the role of Best Inc comes into the picture.
Best Inc is a leading solder training provider in Georgia that trains electronic company employees in various IPC certification programs. If your company aims to deliver best-in-class electronics repairing services, making your operators, technicians, and engineers learn excellent hand soldering techniques makes sense. That’s not all; you can also ask your instructors and product inspectors to attend hand soldering courses by Best Inc. It will help them check the reliability of the electronic assemblies in the quality analysis stage. And once it gets established in the market that your company offers high-quality electronic repairing services, more and more customers will start approaching you, and you will begin generating higher revenue.
Now that you know crucial information about manual soldering courses, it’s time to know some of the dos and don’ts about soldering:
1. The first thing you need to do while soldering the PCBs is to rotate the tip of the soldering iron ½-turn every time before supplying power to it. Doing this will clean its contact, and you can perform the hand soldering precisely.
2. It is always wise to keep wiping any accumulated soldering tips frequently on a slightly wet sponge so that the tinning appears shiny and clean. Besides that, it will also help in reducing the flux build-up.
3. If a new tip does not get tinned from the get-go, and then it becomes “heat glazed,” you need to plunge the hot point for 15 to 30 seconds into the tip cleaner. Once you have done that, wipe it on a wet sponge and then tin. Doing all this will enable it to take the solder when it didn’t.
4. Apart from all this, you can also use fine sandpaper or a fine file on the un-plated soldering tip if you want to keep the soldering point sharp. And the moment you do that, always re-tin immediately after wiping on the wet sponge.
5. The last thing you must remember is to wipe the tip on a wet sponge after unplugging the iron. By doing this, you can expect the point to remain squeaky clean and ready to start the soldering whenever you want.
1. Stop supplying power to the soldering iron with a new tip without tinning the point with solder. Why? Because it is heating up at that time and it will prevent the soldering iron from heat glazing.
2. Never use sandpaper or a file to clean the iron-clad, nickel-plated tips of soldering iron. Do you know why? Because it will spoil the nickel plating, thus the point of your soldering iron won’t stay protected from oxidation and pitting anymore.
3. Last but not least, you must not leave the soldering iron idle for longer durations, like over 30 minutes between multiple soldering operations. Ensuring this will help you increase the overall lifespan of the tip.
What topics will get covered in the hand soldering course?
After you have enrolled your employees in the manual soldering course, rest assured they will learn perfect soldering techniques that would be beneficial while repairing your printed circuit boards. Besides that, they will also get to know a simple tactic to ensure the component temperature stays close to the melting temperature of the solder while performing manual soldering.
The professional instructors taking your staff’s hand soldering classes will also ensure that they learn lead-free and with lead soldering both. It will be helpful in different situations, and when they have the right skills, it will be easy to perform soldering. Remember that with Best Inc as your solder training partner, you can be sure about acquiring quality solder skills that will improve the reliability of your work and increase the trust among your customers.
We hope you now know several dos and don’ts of soldering and why you need to follow them. So, if you are looking for a business partner that can make your company self-sufficient when it comes to PCB repair/rework, choose today the best soldering training company in Georgia.