Instacart is a grocery delivery app that links you with customers in need. You use the app to sign in, find orders, shop for them, and deliver them to your customers. You can cash out immediately when you are paid and generate even more through tips for excellent service. Instacart customers earn money by purchasing groceries from local stores with which the corporation has collaborated and delivered those items to their homes.
If you are planning to earn money through this app, you must first know the requirements. Like any other jobs or works that require credentials, there are also Instacart shopper requirements. Instacart is available in over 5,500 cities across the United States and Canada. Locales vary from large cities like San Francisco and New York to smaller towns like Spring Creek, Nevada, and Lannon, Wisconsin.
Two types of Instacart shoppers
There are two types of Instacart shoppers which are full-time and part-time. The full-time is called the full-service Instacart shopper; they are the independent contractors who shop and deliver groceries, their work availability is up to your convenience, and their role is to be available wherever the app operates or takes place in serving.
While part-time workers, on the other hand, are called in-store shoppers. They are mainly part-time employees or staff of Instacart; they only shop for you, with no deliveries, which means no cars are required for their job. They work even on Sundays for at least 15 to 20 hours per week. To help meet rising demand, temporary in-store shopper employment is available in several places. These roles or positions are expected to be filled for 90 days, at least.
If you intend to make a profit with Instacart, you must meet a few simple requirements:
- At least, you must be 18 years old. In some areas, you must be at least 21 to transport alcohol, which primarily results in more excellent tips.
- You must be capable of lifting 30 pounds or more. Employees must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and up to 50 pounds regardless of accommodation.
- You should have a smartphone. Your device must be an iPhone (iOS 9 or later) or an Android device (5.0 or later).
- You must complete a background check. According to Instacart, most customers are approved within ten working days, but this fluctuates by area.
- It is highly suggested that you have a savings or checking account. Instacart shoppers are charged through direct deposit. Therefore you must have a bank account to get your earnings.
Full-service shoppers or full-time employees are expected to have the following:
- A valid driver’s license and accessibility to a car are required. You will also need insurance that matches government requirements.
- A collection of insulated bags. To contain four essential paper shopping bags, you must have sufficient thermal-insulated bags. The bags must completely seal and be food-safe, with no harmful chemicals. Prescreened alternatives from Instacart charge $25.99 for four packs. Coolers can also be used to deliver groceries.
How to get started?
The process is simple, which are as follows:
- Install the Shopper app. You will supply basic details such as your name, address, and authorization for the firm to do the background check. Later, you’ll utilize the software to indicate your accessibility and availability, accept gigs, track your earnings, and interact with Instacart’s customer service team if you encounter any problems.
- Participate in a face-to-face briefing (these are for in-store shoppers only). In the app, select a session. This is a standard element of the orientation program.
- Complete the documents. Independent contractors must log and sign a contract agreement as well as a W-9 tax form. In-store shoppers or part-time employees must complete an offer letter and a W-4 tax form.
- Sign up for an Instacart payment card. When checking out with a customer’s request, Instacart users use a registered payment card. New customers should acquire their cards in around 5 to 7 working days. Depending on where they are, shoppers may be able to retrieve a card.