The Protection visa is designed for people who left their country and came to Australia for asylum. The Protection Visa holders can stay in Australia and sponsor their family members if they’re eligible. This is a permanent visa that allows people to live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
The Protection Visa Subclass 866 is valid for people who have arrived in Australia legally through maritime or air travel. Moreover, they must hold a valid visa while they arrive in Australia so they can apply for the Protection Visa.
You may add your spouse, a dependent child or other relatives in your Protection Visa application. You can give sponsorship to your family members through the Offshore Humanitarian program. Further, you can travel from and to Australia for 5 years with the Protection Visa (Subclass 866).
Perks of Protection Visa (Subclass 866)
Protection Visa gives amazing benefits to its eligible holders in Australia. They include:
- The Protection Visa holders can live and study in Australia.
- They can work in the well-known firms of Australia and build their career there.
- Protection Visa allows people to register themselves in Medicare to get all healthcare services in Australia
- They can apply for Australian citizenship if they meet the requirements and follow the rules implement by the Australian Government
The Protection Visa (Subclass 866) is the best choice for people who’re engaged in protection obligations in Australia. However, you can get the Protection Visa only if you follow its eligibility criteria and other conditions for your application.
- You can apply for Protection Visa if you’ve arrived in Australia legally through maritime or air travel.
- You should meet the protection requirements and obligations of the Australian Government.
- The protection visa applicants must have evidence of being a refugee from the Refugee Convention.
- The applicants should meet the eligibility requirements set by the Complementary Protection Criteria in the Australian Migration Act 1958.
- Your main purpose in getting this visa should be in the national interest of Australia.
- Meeting health and character requirements is necessary to apply for the Protection Visa.
The Protection Visa Processing Time
The applicants have to wait for 90 days after they lodge their application for Protection Visa (Subclass 866) in Australia. However, it depends on the factors of applications according to which the applications take time to get processed.
These factors may include,
- If you haven’t provided all the details and documents that are necessary to approve the visa application.
- If you’re not cooperating with the Australian authorities and responding to their queries regarding your application for the Protection Visa (Subclass 866).
- Though, visa applications that meet the character, security and health requirements are more likely to be processed quickly. If the protection visa applicants satisfy the protection obligations by Australia so there’re chances that they will get a protection Visa before 90 days.
Cost of Protection Visa
The cost of a Protection Visa (Subclass 866) is AUD40.
Checklist for Protection Visa (Subclass 866)
You can make a checklist to see if you’re not missing any important documents for your Protection Visa application. As the Protection Visa has few conditions and requirements to be fulfilled. Therefore, a checklist can make it easy for you to complete your documentation.
- Firstly, make sure that you’re an eligible applicant for the Protection Visa (Subclass 866).
- Fill in the required details in the application form of Protection Visa.
- Don’t forget the basic documents such as your identity card, security, health and character documents, and your valid visa.
- If you’ve added your family members to your visa application then make sure you provide all their documents and information too.
- The Protection Visa (Subclass 866) application can be submitted manually and online both.
- Provide biometrics after you submit your Protection Visa application.
- The authorities may contact you for interviews. Make sure you don’t miss them.
Application Outcomes of Protection Visa
If your application for Protection Visa gets approved so you will receive a notification letter from the Australian authorities. This letter will inform you about all the details of your Protection Visa grant. The letter may include:
- Number of your Protection Visa grant
- Conditions for Protection Visa (Subclass 866)
- Visa grant date
Moreover, the letter also includes the benefits which you can avail after getting your Protection Visa (Subclass 866). They’re,
- Permanent Residency in Australia
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
- Client Service Information
- Torture and Trauma Counseling Services
- Travel Facilities
- Healthcare Services
- All other services by the Government of Australia
General FAQs about Protection Visa (Subclass 866)
- What are the age criteria to apply for the Protection Visa (Subclass 866)?
There’s no age limit to apply for the Protection Visa (Subclass 866).
- Can you stay outside while applying for the Protection Visa?
No, you’re supposed to be in Australia while you apply for the Protection Visa and cooperate with authorities if they ask any queries.
- Can I travel with a Protection Visa (Subclass 866)?
Yes, you can travel to and from Australia for up to 5 years with the Protection Visa (Subclass 866).
- Who can apply for the Protection Visa (Subclass 866)?
The Protection Visa is for people who have left their homeland and arrived in Australia as refugees. They can apply for the Protection Visa (Subclass 866) and live there permanently.
The Protection Visa (Subclass 866) is a life-savor for people who arrive in Australia as a refugee and want asylum there. This visa permits people to live in Australia permanently. The Protection Visa holders can also sponsor their family members to come and live in Australia on a permanent basis.
Though, if you’re an eligible holder of the Protection Visa (Subclass 866) so you can apply for Australian citizenship as well. Further, you can have access to all the government services including Medicare and Centrelink. You can also work in the popular firms of Australia and be a part of the Australian economy.
For further assistance regarding Processing Visa (Subclass 866), feel free to consult with us!