The harder and longer a battle ensues, the tougher it can get to fight alone. Even in our general day-to-day events, we benefit from a sense of community and fellowship. In the case of the globally recognized difficulty of alcohol addiction, it can be distressing to maintain resilience and endure the suffering that you or your loved ones may face. However, with a tinge of strength, you can find the light at the end of the tunnel by registering for AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) meetings.
- It helps you build a non-judgemental social network: Many people adopt the idea of hiding their battles for the fear of judgement. Although it is understandable, AA meetings help you give up any such fear and embrace a healthy process of communicating your troubles and building a network of people with shared experiences and difficulties.
- It adopts a mechanism of positive reinforcement: A restorative process of belief and trust is adopted in an AA meeting. It helps you rebuild your faith in the fact that you are capable of getting over alcoholism. Many people are able to find it in themselves to maintain their abstinence just after a few sessions. It provides a break from the world that may be going too harsh on you and re-instil your conviction in self-confidence and motivation.
- It has lowered health cost: The question of expenditure could come in between you and your recovery. However, you need not worry as AA meetings in New york are free to attend. There may be a collection towards the end of the meeting to meet the rent of the hall or community centre, but members are not forced to contribute – it is voluntary to do so.
In case you are looking for Local AA meetings to start your process of recovery, you can find helpful sources by checking out the AA Meeting Directory.
- It restores your imagination of living a life without alcohol: It gets exasperating to be able to imagine a life where you are not addicted to alcohol, especially when you have been going through the aforementioned for quite a while. Such an experience may have left you with a rollercoaster of emotions that contain grief, pain, anger and loneliness – devoid of the truth that you are capable of getting better. In spite of how strongly you may feel these emotions, AA meetings can rebuild your imagination, piece by piece.
- It is open to anyone who wishes to quit drinking: The only requirement for you to begin this process is a desire to get better and quit alcohol. These meetings are open to anyone, regardless of your gender, race, sexual orientation, etc. This is another tick in the list that makes the process easier – it is inclusive, self-supporting and non-professional.
Recently conducted studies have proven that AA meetings are more effective than other resources that are available to curb alcoholism. In a matter of a few months, people have seen themselves transform into confident, truthful, and self-driven individuals.
click here for more interesting articles
Leave a Reply